Friday, September 21, 2012

The Weight of the World

It seems like every time that you turn on the news or hear about things going on in the world it involves terrible and sad situations. I don't know about you, but sometimes I truly am fearful to be on earth. You hear about atrocious acts people are committing in your city, only to learn about more monstrosities across the globe. I know that I should not fear, but knowing that does not make me less fearful. The truth of the matter is we are all sinners, and this world is weighed down by our continual sin. We have NO hope in this world outside of Jesus Christ. None. And who better to have hope in than someone who has experienced the terrible things of the world?
Here is some scripture that comforts me and helps me set me eyes on the one who saves:


Do not be afraid of sudden terror
or of the ruin of the wicked, when it comes,
for the LORD will be your confidence
and will keep your foot from being caught.
(Proverbs 3:25-26 ESV)

Have no fear of sudden disaster or the ruin that overtakes the wicked, (Proverbs 3:25 NIV)

Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.
(James 4:8 ESV)


I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
(John 16:33 ESV)


Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
(Psalm 23:4 ESV)


This is my comfort in my affliction,
that your promise gives me life.
(Psalm 119:50 ESV)


He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
(Psalm 23:2-3 ESV)





No comments:

Post a Comment