Saturday, December 8, 2012

DIY Christmas Ideas on the Cheap: Part 1; to SEW

Here are some super easy peasy sewing projects you can do for your own decorations or for gifts:

For someone with a sense of humor:
A toilet seat cover! This cracks me up.... my mom found it in her christmas stuff this year and could not remember who made it for her. This would be super easy: cut out your pattern in felt and either use fabric glue or sew it all together!
 For Mrs. Fancy Pants: Grab some burlap or other fabric, and sew a pillow cover! For you artsy fartsy people, it will probably turn out a lot better than mine. I used fabric paint and painted the snow flake, then when over it with sparkly clear fabric glue.
 For Someone Close: I am so proud of myself on this pillow. I thought of it with my own brain power too, ladies and gentleman (didn't even get the inspiration off pinterest, thankyouvermuch). It was sooooo easy, as you can see below. The other side is the snow flake side, as you can see. All i did was cut little ornament circles out of a cute fabric I had lying around, and cut out some ribbon. I sewed the ribbon on the pillow case with my sewing machine (all this before sewing the pillow together), then hand stitched the ornaments, ribbon, and bell thingy that i found in my craft box. It took hardly any time and is so fun (I think).


Good luck with these DIYs. We are trying to do christmas inexpensively this year, so I will be posting lots of DIY ideas I find, including non-sewing. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment