Friday, May 4, 2012

The Sower and the Seed


This is a study that I wrote for a close friend and I to go over together on the parable of the sower. A couple of weeks later, one of the men in our bible study led us through a very similar study on the same passage, then a couple of days ago my husband and I started talking about the parable of the sower. I felt that I grew from all of these discussions, so I thought I would post the study I wrote and see if others did too.

Read Matthew 13:1-9, 13:18-23
o   What things about God or parts of God’s word do you not understand that may be holding you back?
o    
o   What Worldly things hold you back from Christ? When you have an exciting moment (i.e. a time when you are on fire for God or have a “spiritual high”), what makes you eventually go back to your old ways?

o   What are some areas in your life that take over?

o   What do you think about the most?

o   What takes the most time in your life?

o   What do you spend the most money on?

o   What do you worry about the most?

o   Who are some people that drag you down?

o   How can you bear more fruit in your life? How can you deepen your roots in Christ? How can you understand God’s word better? How can you make a lasting change?

Read Romans 1:25. Worship involves our entire life. WHO is on the throne of your life (you?)?

Read Romans 8:1 (Read Romans 8 at home by yourself and really try to understand it)
Read Matthew 13:44
Read Proverbs 9:10

Side note: one thing that my husband mentioned that I hadn’t really thought about was that the same seed was sown every time. So glad our God is the same yesterday, today, and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment