Thursday, August 16, 2012

DIY Lamp Shade


All I can say for this one is get your glue gun out!!! It was super easy, and I think I am going to try again with a bigger lamp shade, bigger strips of fabric, and a more uniform pattern. But I like this one! 

If you are not a tutorial person and just want to look at the pic and go, here are the very basic steps:
-Paint lamp base whatever color you want (I used a matte color and tried to make it look antique-y, or so I tell myself)
-Cover lamp shade with fabric (hot glue on)
-Cut strips of fabric and hot glue on by folding strips in half and gluing the folded edge (I would recommend gluing the shade a little at a time, and then sticking the fabric to it)
-May want to wear fire proof gloves: I don't think I have any fingerprints left courtesy of my hot glue gun

If you are a step by step type of person, Click Here for the tutorial I followed.
Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment