Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Work it Wednesday: Yoga for Athletes (or Anyone)


Through the Olympics, and seeing more and more athelete’s interviewed, I am surprised to see how many people do yoga. I have tried a yoga class, and started giggling right when we started the tribal music while focusing on our inner being, and then it just escalated when I kept falling over (don’t have the best balance; and I get to be on crutches for 4 more weeks. Awesome). Anyways, maybe I should try again.
These are “yoga moves for athletes”, thanks to Fitness Magazine. Full article: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/yoga-everyday-routine
High Lunge

Dolphin

Downward Dog

Legs Up the Wall

Pigeon

twisted lunge
P.S. Has anyone else wondered why a lot of the yoga moves named after animals?

No comments:

Post a Comment