Monday, October 1, 2012

5 Things for Fall

Gotta love this Better Homes and Gardens Idea. If only I had a front porch :)

I love seeing how God moves in the church today, and then reading about the incredible things he did in the past. I was reading in Acts 5, where the apostles were arrested for preaching the gospel. God freed them from jail and told them to go continue to preach; so they did. When the high priest and counsel found them and reprimanded them, Peter answered; “We must obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised Jesus, whom you killed by hanging him on a tree. God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”
(Acts 5:29-32 ESV)
I decided to loosely follow a "cleaning calendar", which a found at The Little Green Notebook Blog. I made my own version, put it in a frame, and it sits on the kitchen counter. It has been working fairly well to keep me on track (most days), and doesn't take a long time. I have liked doing a little every day instead of a lot one day!

My grandma recently gave me the most beautiful jewelry, including this little owl pin. I decided to put it on our dresser where I can see it everyday. The little crystal dishes are also from my grandma; their "true" function would have been on the dinner table where they held salt at every person's place.

My hubby spoiled me several weeks ago with these beautiful blouses from my favorite store: Nordstrom Rack.We will have to go on a special date so I can wear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment