Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fruitful Labor for Me

Reading Philippians this morning, this verse stuck with me: "If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me." (Philippians 1:22). It made me think about my time and my actions. Is that extra time on pinterest fruitful? Or how about my E! News guilty pleasure? What about when I am busy, running around trying to get stuff done? My answer is no.
Later on in this chapter Paul tells the "Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ.." (Philippians 1:27). Wow, this is convicting for me. I have a huuuuggggeee responsibility (that I am blown away to even have) of representing Christ every day. When I look at my life through that light, I want to be more obedient and in tune with God's word.
Lastly, I was reading through The Power of a Praying Woman: Book of Prayers by Stormie Omartian, and this is what todays was:
"Lord, your word says that 'if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us' (1 John 1:8). I don't want to deceive myself by not asking You where I am mising the mark You have set for my life. Show me if I'm doing things I should not. Help me to hear Your specific instructions to me. Speak to me clearly through Your Word so I will know what's right and what's wrong/ I don't want to grieve the Holy Spirit in anything I do (Ephesians 4:30). Help me to be ever learning about your ways so I can live in the fullness of Your presence and move into all You have for me. "He who keep His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the spirit whom He has given us. (1 John 3:24)"

If you have ever doubted that God is alive and relevant and speaks to you, take heart. Read your bible, and try to listen. God spoke to me this morning because he wants the BEST life for me, which is through obedience. I hope he speaks to you through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment