Thursday, November 8, 2012

Start at the Beginning

Ever feel like you don't know where to start when you are telling someone about Jesus (or want to)? Me too. I am reading through Acts right now and recently read this passage:


[35] Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus.
(Acts 8:35 ESV)

Before this verse, Phillip was told by an angel to hit the road. So as he is traveling, he encounters a eunuch that is part of the Ethiopian Queen's Court. This guy is reading through the book of Isaiah, and is having trouble. Phillip helps him; and as verse 35 says, he started with the part of Isaiah that the eunuch was struggling with and told him the good news about Jesus.
My first thought was 'I wish that witnessing fell into my lap that easy'. But as I think more about it; what would happen if I was more in tune to what God had for me? What if I listened and submitted to the Holy Spirit? Philip didn't know why he was traveling on that road. He didn't understand his purpose. But God still used him in an incredible way.
So that's where I'll start; at the beginning. Holy Spirit, lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment