Friday, May 25, 2012

In Our Weakness He is Strong


[9] But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. [10] For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
(2 Corinthians 12:9-10 ESV)

This week has been a tough one for me. The resounding theme has been; "you are weak, you are not this enough or that enough". I am so relieved that I serve a God that is graceful. Thank you, Lord, for carrying my burden, and showing me your glory through my weakness.
The truth is, we cannot do this on our own. And the truth is, we will continue to fail. So, for the sake of Christ, I will be content with my weakness, i will be content with insults, hardships, persecutions and calamities. Because it is just another way to see Jesus in all his glory.

Watch this video! Gungor: Beautiful Things. Listen closely to the words

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't have said it better myself! This week was a rough one and I'm so glad that God uses these weeks to show His glory to us. Such a great song too!

    ReplyDelete