Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Words of the Wise





Lately God has really been laying this verse on my heart (Matthew 12:34). I made this media to help remind me and give a visual that the way I speak is pouring out of my heart. I was recently listening to an Elevation Church podcast where the senior pastor's wife Holly Furtick (she has a great blog) was speaking, and shared that when she had found herself complaining she started to list three things she was thankful for. Since I have definitely been convicted lately of the way that I have been choosing to use my words, and more importantly my heart behind those words, I was thinking of a practical way I can turn away from my sin.
I ended up making notecards that I carry with me everywhere with some scripture that helps me get on the right path, and I look at it every time I find myself saying or thinking something negative or rude.
Here is the scripture that's helping me:
Psalm 40:3
Proverbs 31:26
Proverbs 18:7
Proverbs 13:3
James 1:26
Proverbs 12:18
Psalm 34:13-14
Romans 10:9

No comments:

Post a Comment