Friday, June 8, 2012

Lazy Morning Pancakes

Yummy Banana Pancakes!
Here is how I made them:
Mash 3 ripe bananas, and forget about them for a minute (we will come back to them).

Mix 2 cups flour (whole wheat if you have it), 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.

Add 2/3 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract (I added a dash of almond extract) to the dry mix and stir. It will still be pretty dry. Then add in bananas and mix (and we added chocolate chips, but I think fruit would be good)
Cook up on the skillet and voila!
I put a little bit of butter and low fat/sugar free maple syrup on top of mine, and my hubby spread peanut butter on his. For more of a splurge:
Mix 1/2 cup maple syrup, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and pour over as a glaze.

Perfect for lounging around in your pjs!



No comments:

Post a Comment