Saturday, July 28, 2012

Count it All Joy

I am three days out from my 6th and final (hopefully) surgery on my left foot. To be completely honest, I definitely had moments pre surgery when I struggled with my faith. I know that God is sovereign, and He proves to me time and time again that He is always there, lifting me up and giving me strength when I don't have anything left to give. But here is the "but" (there's always a but :)) the reason I have had so many surgeries is because one went wrong, and I have been in constant pain for ten years because of it. All of the medical things that happened in the past really allowed me to depend on God and be grateful for his incredible blessings (like being able to walk), but could I really do that again?

I was having this conversation with my grandpa when he reminded me of this passage in James:


Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

(James 1:2-4 ESV)

I realized that having faith in God should by no means depend on the outcome of the situation. My faith should be set on my fathers face, not what his hand is doing in my life. He does work all things together  for the good of those who love him, but sometimes that good is in disguise.

Lord, thank you for coming through for me once again. Let my body not only be changed for the better from this surgery but my relationship with you also. Thank you for the incredible surgeons and supporting family and friends that you have blessed me with. Help others to see my story, and get to know you more. You are so good to me.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment