Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday's Take on Trends: Collegeneese


As 20 somethings, my husband and I are kind of oblivious to the fact that the English language as we know it is changing. So I of course needed a cheat sheet, and I thought I’d share it with you.

-“Like a Boss
                  “I just parallel parked like a boss”. I am assuming this phrase originated in a mob, which of course we should all aspire to do things as competently as a mob boss.

-“Totes
                  “I totes just set my tote in a puddle”. I know; this one is imperative. T-o-t-e-s means totally but because the word totally is totes waaaayyy too long it's easier to say totes. A tote, of course is a type of handbag. However, if you have more than one tote this could totes be confusing.

-“Photobomb
                  “WHY does my brother photobomb every decent pic?”. This is what you call it when you take a cute picture with someone and upon further inspection you realize your brother is mooning the camera in the background.

-“Cray-Cray
                  “Did you see **** was wearing mint polish with a emerald green maxi? That girl’s cray-cray!” Don’t think I need to explain this one.

Now you can continue your scintillating conversations without stumbling when someone says something cray-cray. And remember, you must abbreviate everything because using a full word in a full sentence is so 2011.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment